Movement and Function (BeFu)
The research fields are related to body, movement and function in a life span perspective.
The theoretical basis for the research is anchored in natural science, social science, and humanistic knowledge. The basic understanding is that many different factors contribute to disability, pain, and illness.
Physical and mental stress can cause bodily distress and contribute to disease progression. Physical illness is therefore understood in the basis of previous experiences, current situation as well as social and cultural conditions. This knowledge provides the theoretical basis for the understanding how illness and ailments in the locomotor system can occur, be treated and prevented.
Thematic research areas in BeFu:
- Long-term musculoskeletal disorders / alleviation of mental disorders, life stresses, crises, and trauma. Examination, and treatment as well as conditions related to work opportunity and health.
- Examination, treatment and prognosis of dizziness
- Pulmonary and cardiovascular diseases including rehabilitation, physical activity, exercise, exercise capacity, breathing patterns and breathing difficulties in extremely premature children, adolescents and adults.
- Balance and mobility in elderly with hearing loss.
- Development and validation of measurement instruments.
- Physical function and -activity in children and adolescents with obesity