Researching Teacher Education, Language and Literature (RETELL)
A research group of the English section at the Western Norway University of Applied Sciences in Bergen.
The main goal of the research group is to systematically investigate issues related to teacher education, language and literature in the field of English. Members of the group examine these issues in a range of contexts and with reference to specific topics such as reading and writing skills, digital tools, traditional and new literacies, literature for children and young adults and the impact of pre-service and in-service teacher education.
The research produced by RETELL is thus not only focused on obtaining knowledge that offers insight into English language and literature and language learning in English, but also on improving the professional practice of primary school teachers and teachers-in-training in Norway.
Ongoing research projects
- From reading thrill to writing skill: The effect of extensive reading on writing skills in EFL
- Corpus-based research on young learner writing
- Mobilising and Transforming Teacher Education Pedagogies
- Bergen / York Reading Research Group (BYRRG)
- Feedback on writing in the English classroom: in-service teachers’ beliefs and practices
- Implementing formative assessment through digital portfolios