Leif Ole Dreyer
Arbeids- og kompetanseområde
Ole Dreyer is a PhD research fellow at the department of maritime studies at the Western Norway University of Applied Sciences. His current research project is titled “Maritime Autonomy – Investigation of Suitable Safety Management Measures”.
Ole believes that autonomy does not necessarily equate to unmanned, and that in order to make smart ships a reality in the future the maritime industry must adopt a new approach to safety management.
Prior to becoming a PhD student, Ole has worked as a deck officer on board LPG tankers on international trades for almost five years. Ole holds an M.Sc. in international maritime management from the Jade University of Applied Sciences and is in possession of a Master Unlimited Ocean license.
Ole is passionate about various outdoor activities, including sailing, kiting, climbing, skiing and diving.
Join Ole's Discord server here.
- NAB3040 Maritim Helse, Miljø og Tryggleik
- Basic Training for Liquefied Gas Tanker Cargo Operations
- Advanced Training for Liquefied Gas Tanker Cargo Operations
- MMO5002 Safety and Human Factors
- NAB3030 Bacheloroppgåve
- Maritime Autonomy – Investigation of Suitable Safety Management Measures