The research group Culture - Criticism - Community is an interdisciplinary and international research group that gathers researchers with a critical research interest.
Through various empirical and theoretical approaches, the research projects aim to explore arts education, cultural expressions, cultural participation, community arts and arts communities.
Keywords for the research are: Culture, criticism, community, context, diversity, participation, equality, justice, and democracy.
The purpose of the research is to raise critical discussion and challenge existing assumptions, ideas and practices within the field, thus ultimately contributing to change.
- Heggstad, K. (2018): “Imagine if… stepping into someone’s shoes” as a research method, NOASP, Cappelen Damm Akademisk
- Kvinge, Ø., Smith, K. & Espeland, M. (2018): Performing the pre-formed: Towards a conceptual framework for understanding teaching as curricular transformation.Designs for Learning, Stockholm University
- Kvinge, Ø. (2018). “Playin” the changes — A jazz approach to researching student-teachers’ PowerPoint presentations. Cogent Education 2018; Volume 5.(1)
- Kvinge, Ø (2018): Teaching represented: a study of student-teachers’ representations of the professional practice of teaching. In Smith, K.: Norsk og internasjonal lærerutdanningsforskning : hvor er vi? hvor vil vi gå? hva skal vi gjøre nå?. Fagbokforlaget 2018, p. 199–221
- Christophersen, C. og Kenny, A.:(red.): Musician-Teacher Collaborations. Altering the Chord (2018)
- Onsrud, S.V og Rinde, F.B: Born to Play: Bli bedre – få det bedre. Veiledningsprogram for korps i Norge. En evaluering.
- Christophersen, C., Iversen, K. og Tvedt, M.: Kunstfaga i grunnskulen i Hordaland – Tilstand og utfordringar i 2016.
Ongoing research projects
- Drama - Teater - Demokrati / Drama – Theatre – Democracy
- Musical Alterations: Visiting Musicians in Educational Settings
- The Dynamics of Collaborative Creative Musicking: Facilitation, Reflection and Interaction
- Musical gameplay. Experience, action and learning in the world of video games.
- Drama, demens og verdighet / Drama, Dementia and Dignity
- A messy ideal: Re-conceptualizing social justice in music education through the lenses of alterity, critical confrontation and radical democracy
- Extraordinary communities - what happens when catastrophes/disasters hit us?
- Born to play - a critical evaluation of a mentoring program for Norwegian Wind Bands