Valeria Jana Schwanitz
Arbeids- og kompetanseområde
I am a professor in energy economics and a Distinguished Fellow at the Schumacher Institute for Sustainable Systems, Bristol, UK. I am a member of the board of the Joint Program "e3s - Economic, Environmental and Social Impacts of the Energy Transition" of the European Energy Research Alliance (EERA), and I lead the sub-program on 'Data science and artificial intelligence" of the EERA Joint Program 'Digitalization of energy'.
Personal background: I am an energy economist with experience in first-principle models, energy system modeling, and empirical analysis of coupled human-nature systems in the context of climate change and sustainable development. For peer-reviewed publications, visit research gate or browse the list below.
- H2020 Research Project COMETS. "Collective action Models for Energy Transition and Social Innovation" (from 05/2019). 12 European partners, HVL builds a Europe-wide inventory for citizen-led low carbon energy projects. More information & links
- ERASME - Jean Monet Center of Excellence on Sustainable Development at the University Clermont-Auvergne, France (from April 2019). Cooperation in education & research.
- H2020 Project EERAdata. "Towards a FAIR and open data ecosystem in the low carbon energy research community" (from 03/2020). 6 European partners, HVL leads. Project website & project wiki.
- H2020 Project DRES2Markets. " Technical, business, and regulatory approaches to enhance the renewable energy capabilities to take part actively in the electricity and ancillary service markets" (from 08/2020). 15 European partners. Project website.
- AI for sustainable energy (09/2020-09/2022). HVL financed research cooperation between the research groups "Data Science" and "Data-driven energy system analysis".
- EU Green Deal Project STORIES, "Energy Storage Research Infrastructure Eco-System" (11/2021-10/2025). 17 Partners and 17 Linked Partners (as HVL, co-leading FAIR data tasks). Website.
- Jean Monnet Chair on Industrial Ecology and Circular Economy. Led by A. Diemer (UCA, HVL). More information is upcoming.
- Horizon Europe Project WHITECYCLE, on recycling of industrial plastics. More information upcoming.
- GE4-300 Klimaendringar og klimapolitikk
- PL4-302 Mot eit null-utsleppssamfunn
- NA-422 Naturfag med vekt på klima, energi og miljø
- data-driven energy system analysis
- integrated assessment of human-nature systems
- renewable energy and technological change
- validation of process-based integrated assessment models
- FAIR and open energy data