The corona situation at the Bergen campus
The government has introduced strict infection control measures for Bergen municipality. The Bergen campus is now closed to students and all teaching in Bergen will be digital through 14 February.
Today, Sunday 7 February, the Government has adopted new strengthened infection control measures for Bergen municipality and several municipalities around Bergen. This is to get an overview of the situation related to the outbreak of the English and South African variant of the coronavirus.
Based on this, the following applies at the HVL campus Bergen from Sunday 7 February to and including Sunday 14 February:
- Campus Bergen is closed to students. All teaching will be digital. Libraries and reading rooms are not open to students.
- Skill training and laboratory exercises will not be carried out at the Bergen campus.
- All placement is carried out as planned.
- All employees at the Bergen campus who can work from home must do so.
HVL asks students and staff to follow the government's travel advice, which encourages everyone who stays in an area with a high infection pressure not to travel out of the municipality they are in unless it is strictly necessary.
Travel to placement is considered a necessary trip. Travel to another HVL campus to follow classes should be avoided until and including Sunday 14 February.
Keep yourself updated
“We are in a demanding situation, but we are well equipped to handle this. We have worked well as a team throughout the corona pandemic. Things change quickly and we turn around and adapt. We have to do that now as well. We will find good solutions that take care of students and staff”, says HVL Rector Gunnar Yttri.
He says that there will be more details about the situation for the Bergen campus next week.
“Next week we will know more about whether the measures will be extended. We need to take a closer look at the important services such as libraries, the need for access to bookcases and more.”
“The most important thing is that students stay well updated in Canvas and in the timetable. Employees receive information on the intranet and from their tenants.”
The other campuses will be open
Yttri says that the measures in Bergen are exclusive to the campus in Bergen and apply for one week.
The measures in Bergen will not change anything for the situation and the measures for HVL's four other campuses: Førde - Sogndal - Stord - Haugesund. These four campuses will be open. There will be some physical education in smaller student groups in line with infection control measures.
“We must take into account that the situation may also change here. Should that happen, we will inform you quickly.”
Yttri points out that Sogndal municipality encourages everyone who can - in the whole municipality - to have a home office, as a result of an outbreak in Balestrand.
Reduce your mobility
The Rector points out that it is very important to follow the Government's call that we all reduce our mobility.
“The government encourages us all to stay as much as possible at home, have as little contact as possible with others beyond what is necessary in work and study situations, and avoid unnecessary travel.”
Yttri thanks all staff and students for the work they put in.
“It gives strength and motivation to keep going. I am glad that we take good care of each other.”
Information about the coronavirus
News articles on the pandemic
- Distance requirements are continued in Bergen, 9.9.21
- The corona situation and HVL, 28.5.21
- New corona measures are introduced, 24.3.21
- The corona situation at the Bergen campus, 7.2.21
- Students confirmed infected with covid-19 in Førde
- The corona situation and HVL
- Covid-19 measures are continued
- The corona situation at HVL
- No physical education on campus before January 19th
- Update on the corona situation
- New corona measures at HVL
- The situation is serious
- The corona situation and HVL
- Covid-19 measures at the Bergen campus will be continued
- Extends measures at the Bergen campus
- Cancels physical teaching in Bergen
- Encourages self-imposed quarantine
- Students confirmed infected with Covid-19